Wednesday, July 6, 2011

OKEtsy Featured Seller: DonnasArtisanDesigns







Please introduce yourself!

Hi! My name is Donna and I live in Yukon,OK... that's just a little west of OKC. I am a handcrafted jewelry maker.



Donna, where does your inspiration come from?

I live in a world of inspiration!! Sometimes it's a particular semi-precious stone and it's colorations,or maybe it's the supreme sparkle of a Swarovski crystal. I will also take from what mother nature gives us in the beautiful colors of a fall afternoon or a spring morning.I will also look at GOD's creatures a songbird, a butterfly, or maybe a dragonfly or a hummingbird. My inspiration is all around me and I try to find the beauty from nature.



What is your favorite media to work with?

Hmmm...my favorite media...it would be so tough to pick just one, there is so much beauty in jewelry components. I'd have to say artisan glass. I have seen the most incredible creations from hand blown glass,also Dichroic glass.



Where would you like to see yourself 5/10 years from now in this project?

I am hopeful that in 5-10 years that I would be a successful seller, with a large customer base,much more knowledge in selling online and using social media to have a large following on Facebook, Twitter and my blog. I also may be teaching my craft to newcomers to jewelry making.As far as "Keys to Success"...

I think I would be developing a large customer or fan base by always putting the customer first,having a good relationship and friendly communications. I try to treat each customer as if they were the only customer I have. I also think you should be open to new ideas and trends.



What is one of your keys to success?

I think you should develop a good repoire with all fellow Artisans, especially in your own craft, LEARN FROM OTHERS.LEARN from your mistakes and SHARE with others.I also feel very strongly that you should have a good balance between your craft and your family and others important in your life. Don't forget the reason you were put here.



What is one crazy thing about you?

Hmmm...only ONE crazy thing?LOL...Wow...that's a real tough one...O.K....first a disclaimer:This act took place when I was MUCH younger and quite impetuous (or as I call it...stupid)..LOL. I hitch hiked all the way from Jacksonville, Florida to Denver CO because we had moved and I wanted to be with my friends again.Upon not finding anyone I knew and seeing THAT was a crazy idea(I was going to live there)!! I then set out to California where I was born, because we moved from there when I was only 2 years old.and I think I was just "trying to find myself"!!Well I don't know what I was esxpecting but it wasn't as magical as I thought it would be...so I proceeded to hitchhike all the way up US1(the scenic route along the coast),sleeping on the beaches at night and having fun in the daytime!! I got tired and homesick so I called my Mom and asked if I could come home...and then I did...that was the CRAZIEST THING I ever did!!



What is something you would love to learn how to do?

I would LOVE to learn to make handcrafted glass, take some classes even.



What is your favorite color?

My favorite color is PURPLE...



What do you love about Oklahoma?

The ONE thing I love about Oklahoma is the PEOPLE. I traveled all over the country and overseas as my Dad was in the Air Force. I've met so many people from so many regions and locations. Oklahoma people are by far THE most friendly people I have EVER met.



Be sure to check out Donna's links and show support to this great local artist!



Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Donnas-Artisan-Designs/109229715835238

Blog: donnasartisandesigns.blogspot.com/

Twitter: twitter.com/Donna_Arena

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/DonnasArtisanDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment